Not sure what qualifies as Professional Development? Check out Guidelines for Uses of Pro-D Funds – click HERE
Upcoming Pro-D Opportunities:
Call for Presentations for 2021 OCEAN LITERACY CONFERENCE now OPEN DEADLINE: APRIL 30
This year’s theme is “EDUCATING FOR SUSTAINABLE SEAS: Diving into the Ocean Decade.”
Virtual conference sessions, networking opportunities, and social activities will be spread across four consecutive weekdays from Tuesday, August 17, through Friday, August 20. The extended timeline will help minimize online fatigue and allow us to better accommodate the needs of participants from a range of time zones across the U.S.A. and Canada.
We invite educators, researchers, students, and resource professionals from the Pacific Northwest and across Canada to submit your proposals using the online form on our website. There will be a range of presentation formats, including short 15-minute sessions, “hands-on” virtual workshops or interactive sessions, and posters.
Presentations that align with the conference theme and goals are encouraged:
- Learn and plan for the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development
- Discover resources and information from communities and organizations that value healthy marine and aquatic ecosystems, and discuss how they can be incorporated into ocean and aquatic education
- Share activities, lessons, and resources that embrace diverse ways of teaching and learning ocean literacy concepts in the classroom and community
- Explore and discuss current issues in marine and aquatic science and the role of place, language and culture in informing solutions
All submissions received before the priority deadline of April 30, 2021 will be reviewed and successful applicants will be contacted by May 15, 2021. Please ask for earlier confirmation, if required by your employer or sponsor. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed if there is program space available.
Please share with your networks! Download our shareable flyer here.
SOOKE TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION PRO-D EVENT: MAY 14, 2021
Registration is OPEN NOW – Although it is not a PD Day for us, you may be eligible to attend this day provided you have sufficient funds for a TTOC. Click HERE for more information. OVER 30 presentations to choose from!
SPRING CONFERENCE – myPITA– May 21
On Friday, May 21/21 the Provincial Intermediate Teachers’ Association (myPITA) and the BC Association of Teachers of Modern Languages (BCATML) proudly presents an Online Spring Conference featuring Leyton Schnellert speaking about Fostering Self-Regulated Learning in the Middle Years and Using Liberating Structures to Deepen Learning. Plus workshops on teaching Core French, socio-emotional, behaviour management, portfolios, and assessment. Register at http://mypita-spring.ourconference.ca.
UVIC: GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY
Interested in pursuing a Master’s degree? We offer a MED or MA in Educational Psychology with a focus in either 1) Learning, Development & Instructional Sciences or 2) Special Education. For further details please visit
ECONOVA EDUCATION: CLIMATE TRAINING
Our Pro-D Day Climate Training is now available for booking. Open to all teacher and available in English or French, in person or online.
Ideal Pro-D Day Climate Training (2 to 3 hours)
– Based on the Climate Collage (100 000 participants so far) it is a collaborative, scientific and fun game about the causes and effects of climate change. This workshop condenses hundreds of hours of scientific readings to provide solid scientific knowledge, vocabulary and more importantly, a clear map of the climate system. The Climate Workshop is designed to help teachers (all grades) to prepare for the discussions in class, to design climate or environmental lessons, and to prepare for actions with the students. You can book via phone (778-238-2980) or email (email@example.com).
SCIENCE WORLD – PRO-D WORKSHOPS
- Use your PD Funds to purchase academic journals and books. This is a great way to engage in PD, especially for those who have family commitments and find it difficult to leave home to attend conferences. Read more with this PD article
- For events throughout the school year that have been advertised via the BCTF! BCTF Pro-D Opportunities Calendar
- BCTF Free Archived Webinars on various educational topics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIj8SnwEh1o&list=PLeahEV3iEvnrRC3YRPzHoNIi6Mo79GtYB&index=3