Health and Safety Chair: Joel Danyluk
The Saanich Teacher’s Association is committed to promoting and supporting safe schools.
The BC Teachers’ Federation facilitates teacher health and safety with a superb variety of resources and programs ranging from prevention to claim advocacy.
If you are injured or suffer from an occupational disease or are threatened in a violent incident, you need to:
- Report to the First Aid Attendant
- Report to the administrator and complete the WorksafeBC 6A form
- Go to your doctor
- Contact your staff and/or health and safety rep
- Report to Worksafe BC via teleclaim at 1 888-WORKERS (1 888 967-5377)
- When you get a letter back from WorksafeBC, send a copy to the BCTF WCB advocate who will help you through the process.
2017-2018 School Health and Safety Representatives.
Bayside: Rod MacDonald
CDC: Rae Dennett
Claremont: Les Lowe & Joel Danyluk
Cordova Bay: Susan Holmes
Deep Cove: vacant
ILC: Leo Holdstock
Keating: Cindy Lister & Rose Addison
North Saanich: vacant
Prospect Lake: Lisa Harward
Royal Oak: Taryn Mah, Sean Kenny, & Emma Cottier