Health and Safety Chair: Les Lowe & Joel Danyluk
llowe at sd63 dot bc dot ca
jdanyluk at sd63 dot bc dot ca
The Saanich Teacher’s Association is committed to promoting and supporting safe schools.
The BC Teachers’ Federation facilitates teacher health and safety with a superb variety of resources and programs ranging from prevention to claim advocacy.
If you are injured or suffer from an occupational disease or are threatened in a violent incident, you need to:
- Report to the First Aid Attendant
- Report to the administrator and complete the WorksafeBC 6A form
- Go to your doctor
- Contact your staff and/or health and safety rep
- Report to Worksafe BC via teleclaim at 1 888-WORKERS (1 888 967-5377)
- When you get a letter back from WorksafeBC, send a copy to the BCTF WCB advocate who will help you through the process.
2017-2018 School Health and Safety Representatives.
Bayside: Rod MacDonald
CDC: Rae Dennett
Claremont: Les Lowe & Joel Danyluk
Cordova Bay: Susan Holmes
Deep Cove: vacant
ILC: Leo Holdstock
Keating: Cindy Lister & Rose Addison
North Saanich: vacant
Prospect Lake: Lisa Harward
Royal Oak: Taryn Mah, Sean Kenny, & Emma Cottier